Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tea Party and Book Exchange Invitations



Look what I made!  

Thank you Karen from the Graphics Fairy!

Thank you Shabby Blogs for the tutorial on FotoFlexer.com.

Thank you Picnik.com for the final invitation.

And a final thank you to Chris at Red Gate Farm for the inspiration to use Picnik and print them off at my local photo developer (i.e. Walgreens).

So how did I make this you ask?

Well, I wish I was a graphics expert, but I'll tell you what I did

********disclaimer here - I've probably done this all wrong, but maybe if I can do it, you can too *********

1.  First I found the perfect vintage graphic from Karen's (the teacup) and uploaded it to Foto Flexer.

2.  Then I really wanted a gingham in a springy color to serve as the backdrop - I found an image from an old JC Penney catalog and uploaded that as the background (also to Foto Flexer).

3.  Then I played on Foto Flexer with the layers, cropping, etc.  And honestly, I just messed around with it until I liked the way it looked.  Of course, I saved it.  Don't forget to do that!

4.  Now I took the newly created file of the two layered/merged images (gingham and teacup) and uploaded it to Picnik. Then I just used the free text editing and added the details for the invitation.

5.  Saved that invitation and then uploaded it to Walgreens where they were ready in about 45 minutes. 

If I do say so myself, I am pretty pleased with how these turned out.  

*********
So, 
will YOU come?  
What books would you bring?
Gardening?  Fiction?  Magazines?

I'll keep you posted on the details of this little shindig!  
And thank you so much for buzzin' in today!  

Oh and I'm showing this off over at My Romantic Home.  Thank you Cindy for hostessing this fun little (well - not so little anymore) party! 

9 comments:

  1. Janelle,
    Just love htis post! And your invitation is so perfect, I sooo wish I could be there! Did you do your new banner too????? Adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked the idea of printing the invite as a photo! :)

    They turned out really, really cute!!

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janelle! You did a great job!! I think I can come. I'll have to start collecting my books. Sounds like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! You did a great job!
    This is my RSVP :) I will be bringing books (all kinds) and magazines galore!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm very impressed and I love the new header! Is this party for bloggies? I hope so!!! Alyssa of Boston Bee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janelle the banner is sooo cute and the invitation is yummy looking.You did a great job.Thanks for sharing.

    On another note...I will be praying for ya'll on the West coast today. Be safe and try to check in later to let us know how ya'll fared from all this. Love you and in my prayers.

    Hugs and loving Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your invite is precious! And thank you thank you thank you for all the how-to links!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling! I need to get in on some of these new techniques... I have used Picnic and I see the FotoFlex is similar... I really want to just be able to use Photoshop.... I'm going to try and take a class....

    Love your new blog dress! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.