What on earth happened to me?
As I was telling some of my friends, I lost my mojo. It just disappeared! I lost my mojo for cooking, for gardening, for.....everything!
Good news is I found it. I cleaned out my closet this weekend and suddenly my blog mojo was back!
(Lucky for Worker Bee and Baby Bee, my cooking mojo came back a couple of days ago.)
So what will my
I really love to eat baked goods. I can't say I love to bake them though, as much as I love to eat them. But when I find a quick recipe that I don't have to be super precise with I'm all over it like salt on a potato. (Ummm...yeah....I just made up that simile.)
So here goes....
(it's like riding a bicycle right? posting I mean.)
I adapted this slightly from the Cake Mix Doctor.
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 box of instant vanilla pudding
1 8 oz carton vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups mixed berries (I used blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries)
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Butter and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
2. Reserve 2 Tbl of the cake mix and set aside.
3. Place all the ingredients (except the berries) in a large mixing bowl. Mix on low speed for 1 minute and then medium speed for 2 minutes. (this batter will be thick)
4. Toss the berries with the reserved cake mix.
5. Pour the batter in the prepared tube pan. Gently fold in the berries.
6. Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes until the cake is golden brown. The cake should pull away from the sides of the pan.
6. Let it cool for 20 minutes on a wire rack. Invert it onto a rack and let it cool another 30 minutes or so.
7. Place cooled cake on plate and sprinkle sifted powdered sugar over the top of it.
Still a busy time here at Sweet Bee Cottage so I won't be buzzing around too much but I just couldn't let another day go by without saying hello!
And thank you for hanging in with me during my blog break!
I hope to be buzzin' along with you quite a bit this summer!