Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hello....


Today I actually start my blog.  I keep telling friends, it's up and decorated, but there's nothing to read there.  What has taken me so long?   Honestly, it's worry that I won't have time to keep this up and offer enough content, but ...... I still feel the urge to write and share creations.  I am happiest creating something.  Creating a wonderful dinner, a lovely table setting, a good lesson, a clever craft - you name it and I've probably tried it or thought about it.  Yes, I get to buzzin' when I am creating something.  That's where the name comes from you know, the Sweet Bee part.  When we were first married, my Worker Bee would say, "Uh oh! You're buzzing around here like a bee.  What project are you going to make me work on now?"


So what should I start with?  I'll share my birthday celebration.  (pardon the pictures, I do not have a fancy camera and it was dusk)  We celebrated on a Friday evening, a work day, and as I was driving home I started thinking about how I could make it look festive.  So, I grabbed a quilt off a shelf in the living room, found dishes, glassware, napkins, and flatware.   Then I called my mom to pick up some plain altar candles at the grocery store.  Next, I put another quilt on a serving table, wrote the menu on an old cupboard door I painted with chalkboard paint, and pulled out a few other items I already had.  The only new items were the candles and they only cost about $4.00 for 3 of them.  It was just a small party, but it felt festive, the food was delicious, and we all had a lovely time.

I hope you enjoy my first post.  I'll be sharing more as I get ready for the county fair.  My More Creative Friend and I have created a table setting or two and created Christmas tree decorations for the fair home ec building and we have to be ready by next Saturday.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janelle ~~ Do you know what? I was thinking about you yesterday morning!! I was thinking about Amy at Vintage Home and about all her pretty things she sells then you came to mind because I know that you bought from her, too.

    So glad that you started you own blog!!!!! Yeh!!! I am looking forward to reading it.

    Your table setting is very sweet and having it outside adds even a better ambiance.

    Enjoying this hot weather? I cannot wait till the cooler weather sets in.

    Have a sweet day,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.