Thursday, February 16, 2012

Just a Few of the Reasons I Haven't Blogged Much Lately

Oh my......life!

It sure gets in the way of blogging creatively sometimes!  Know what I mean?

Well, I have some exciting news!  My school was nominated to be a California Distinguished School and today was our visitation.   You know how it is when company is coming over and there are so many little projects that need to be done and so much clean up?  Well picture that at a school with 27 classrooms, 16 classroom teachers, and multiple support staff.  Oh yes....I've been a cleaning organizing fool.  (And we qualified!  It's quite an honor!) 

And.....my principal asked me to help decorate the meeting room for the morning breakfast and luncheon.  So I've had a few projects to work on for that.  Did I take pictures?  Of course not!  But I did bring the lunch menu board home and got a pic of that so you can get an idea of some of the things I made.  
This is actually a chalkboard that hangs in my studio/guest room.  If you didn't guess, our school colors are blue and yellow.  A friend with better writing than me penned the menu with some of those fun chalk markers.  I made the little bunting with my cricut.
Did you see my little bluebird?  It's glued to the top corner of the chalkboard.  It broke off a Mary Engelbreit item (can't even remember what it was) and I just thought it was so stinkin' cute I had to save it and bring me some cheer.  Glue's a marvelous thing!

So, that was one reason I haven't posted or visited for awhile.

Now, I also was in a fun polka dottie swap from Cutie Pie Cottage!  So much fun!  I was partnered with famous Sue from It's a Very Cherry World.  I was pretty sure what color I needed to get for Sue.  So, after sewing the apron (which Sewing Bee helped me on tremendously) I decided I was good enough to sew a scarf!  

Okay....it WAS only a tube and then I knotted the fringe.....but I think it turned out cute!  Baby Bee tried to keep it for herself - that silly girl!

I found a cute tin at Hobby Lobby and decided I had to fill it with something yummy (and cherry, of course).  I found an intriguing recipe for Chocolate Cherry Biscotti.  (I pinned it of course!)

Oh my stars!  Oh my cherries!  Oh my taste buds!

These were delicious!  Just a wonderful combination of chewy cherries, crunchy almonds, sea salt, and chocolate.  Here's the link to the recipe (mine didn't look quite like hers did, but the taste was divine).

YUM!

And finally.....this is the weekend.  No more procrastinating.

We're painting Baby Bee's room and redecorating it with some thrifty finds for her 11th birthday present!  I'll keep you posted on our progress.  It won't be an overnight transformation but I hope it won't take to long!  I'm excited to tackle it.

Thank you so much for buzzing by for a visit!  
I saved some biscotti for you!
(But you better hurry, they're going fast!)

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pics of her room. How exciting. I definitely understand the business. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tut, tut! My how life gets in the way of blogging! ;)

    I LOVE biscotti, btw - and red with white polka dots, too! All of these cheery fun things that make us smile. Especially fresh paint - a veritable new lease on life! Have fun! =]

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered where you were. Congrats on your school! I'm sure it was all because of you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW you have been a busy bee. I love the cute polka dotty things. Post photos of the new room, can't wait to see it and congrats on the distinguised school award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really do need to give me that polka dot scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations.......on the school honor.
    A polka dot swap.......how lovely.
    Happy long week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope there's biscotti for me? Love your polka dots. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats for your school
    Love the polka dot swap cute idea
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on being recognized for your creativity. Love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Contests to your school. That is awesome. I love the menu board and little bird.
    The polka dot scarf is adorable... I would be trying to keep it to.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, you HAVE been busy! Congratulations to you and your school--how exciting!

    Love all those swap items & that biscotti looks delicious--I'll have to find that on your boards!

    Wishing you a beautiful weekend, my friend!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand how work gets in the way!! So happy to hear about your school, it's quite an honor!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.