Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Yeah! It's Painting Day!!!

I can't say I haven't had a chance to do this yet this summer, but….I've been…..reading.  I know, I know.  It's a shame that a teacher spent the summer reading.  Why you'd think I actually enjoy it!  HA!

Today it's only supposed to be in the mid-90s (which is glorious for our summers) and I only have a few days before school starts so today is the day.  Really.

But I also am a horrible estimator for how long something might take.  (I know.  You're shocked.  Pick yourself up off the floor.  Don't make me stick my espresso under your nose.)

I want to paint the heart shaped end-table.  (Frankly, in my humble opinion, this is a piece that has not been appreciated enough in blogland, so c'mon, tell me how much you love it.)
I want to paint the corner cabinet.
I want to paint the "sofa table" or mom's old dresser.
I want to paint the jelly (for some reason Worker Bee and I keep calling it the "jelly roll") cabinet.
I want to paint the back of these bookcases.
I want to paint Baby Bee's nightstand. (Also from my mom's bedroom set.)  
I really should touch up Baby Bee's dresser.  (Although she says she likes it all chippy.  What?  Has a dream come true?  Is my Baby Bee turning cottagey???)

And I need to paint the chalkboard paint on her closet doors I've been promising for about 2 years now.
I think that might be it.  Think I can get all of these done in one day? Yeah, me either.  But I will set my priorities and you will just have to wait and see what I get done.  

Wish me luck and lots of lattes!  

P.S.  I want to paint the piano too.  But Worker Bee would just die.  Really.  He would just climb back into his hive and he would never buzz again.  And frankly, I like the guy and I've painted enough things that have made him cringe, so I just won't do it to him.  Plus we're getting close to the 25th wedding anniversary and I'd like to make it that far.  

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is a lot of painting! But, something tells me, you will surprise us! I painted a lot this summer, too. An armoir, vanity, four chairs, a rocket, a hutch, old cabinet, dresser, patio set, umbrella stand, table...no kidding! I don't dare paint the piano either! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your list is like mine... finish painting my first floors (old painted fir floors), finish painting the 3 chairs I started last summer (chalk paint), the two vintage metal kids folding chairs (spray paint), finish the 3 chalkboards I have started, the frame for a wedding gift, and pretty much the trim in the entire house... all before an upcoming wedding here at the beginning of october for my niece!
    ~Chris
    PS and yes, I too always think things won't take as long as they do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your comment on my post, my son went to the Joshua Wilderness Institute 11 years ago, he loved it! My family owns a cabin at Hume so I in your neck of the woods often, Blessings to you.

      Delete
  3. You had me chuckling all the way through this post. I love your writing style, and I can't wait to see how many of these things you get painted. (I do that too - think I can accomplish more than is possible in the amount of time I have). Good luck! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Addicted to the perfume of paint, Sweet Bee, instead of that of flowers? ;-))
    Do what your intuition tells you, paint it if you want to and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.