Have you ever wanted a favicon for you blog? Not know what a favicon is?
Well, for those of you who aren't sure what I'm talking about, a favicon is the little logo that appears next to your blog name in the browser window. If you look at mine, instead of the orange blogger logo, I now have a bee skep next to my blog address.
And, by the way, is it pronounced favicon with a long a or favicon with a short a as in cat? Burning questions you know.
Want to know how I got it there?
I just stumbled upon this on the design page. I noticed that there was a favicon box in the upper left above the nav bar.
I couldn't stand it! I wanted one! I've wanted one, but I sure don't know enough HTML to make one for myself. So I tried this.
1. Choose an image - keep it simple because these are very tiny.
2. Make sure the image is square. Bogger won't accept it if it isn't. My little bee skep wasn't quite square, so I uploaded it to picnik.com. There are probably other sites you can do this one, but I'm partial to picnik since I love how they "pick blackberries" or "steal picnic baskets" as the site loads. Appeals to my sense of whimsy.
3. Upload your image and the first screen is the edit screen. I clicked on resize and made sure to unclick "keep proportions". I then made sure the numbers matched. I had to play with these a bit so the proportions didn't get too off. At first I had a very skinny bee skep - not nearly as cute as the one I have now.
4. Once you're happy with your image, save it. I called mine "Sweet Bee Favicon."
5. Then click on the edit button for the favicon, upload your image, and then save! That's it! Really, the hardest part will probably be finding the right image to use.
Please fell free to ask me any questions if you give this little project a try.
Have fun with it!
Thanks for buzzing in today. I'm always tickled to see you've popped in for a visit.
And, if you want, please enter my giveaway by clicking here and leaving a comment.
For those of you who love Cath Kidston, you can download desktop wallpaper for your computer by going here. There are several to choose from. I downloaded all of them, of course.