Friday, May 13, 2011

A Breakfast for Teacher Bees!

Some of you might already know that I'm a 3rd grade teacher, so I always enjoy celebrating the dedication and work of fellow teachers.

This past week we celebrated Teacher Appreciation Week at Baby Bee's school.

I am on the Parent Teacher Club at Baby Bee's school so I always want her teachers to know how much I appreciate the job that they do.  So I usually take charge of their special breakfast we have.  I try to decorate and let them know how special they are. However, this year,  I have been super busy and the day snuck up on me with no ideas for decorating their staff room.  For the last couple of years, I had variations on the same concept and I needed something fresh, but I was stumped!

Hmmmmm.........thinking...........thinking..............BUZZ! 
Yep, that wonderful creative buzz struck!  

Worker Bee has a collection of vintage globes that live on top of our entertainment armoire (yes, we still have one of those) and our bookcases.  

So, at 9:30 at night I figured out that our theme would be............(drum roll please)...............

I found an image of a globe, skipped on over to picnik to add some text, and created cards, a menu, etc. and the globes were the centerpieces.  


Do I have pictures of the tables?  Of course not!  I had to go to Baby Bee's school at about 6:50 and then scurry on over to my school for my work day.  Just didn't have a chance!
Oh and the gifts?  We have a raffle that morning of treats, school supplies, and Starbucks cards.  


Thank you so much for buzzin' in!  I am so glad to see you!  Aren't you glad blogger is up and running again?  

11 comments:

  1. Inspired - wonderful idea - you did a great job with it!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good at parties and such!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are one of the busiest gals ever. You always come up with the cutest things though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a great idea! and yes, I am glad blogger is working again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well my dear it's no wonder you come from a bee clan!!! Buzy, buzy, buzy! :) You came up with a fantastic theme so creative as usual... Blogger hasn't returned everything to me yet! They had better get on it...:D
    To answer your question there is really no substitute for tarragon, no other flavor would do! Perhaps you could check some nurseries out of town
    and check if they have this herb in stock or you could come to Canada and I'll give you some! :)

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Rosemary...XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. All so cute. My son teaches 6th grade, his wife teaches 3rd grade. My other daughter in love teaches high school. We love our teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad Blogger is up and running again! What a fantastic idea you had, you busy bee!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. You rock Sweet Bee! I wish I had 1/10 the creativity that you do! I love your tablescapes and your decorating ideas. I'm planning a birthday bash for a family member this summer and I swear I'm going through your archives to get ideas!

    As far as I can tell, Blogger didn't take anything from me, BUT they "gave" me 6 copies of a post I had in draft mode! Go figure!?

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    ~Mrs B

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! Isn't wonderful when inspiration strikes?

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely adorable! great theme for the party...so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have my utmost admiration to be pulling off a volunteer position like that while teaching. I always did Teacher Appreciation Committee..before I went back to work. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.