Monday, November 12, 2012

I'm Dreaming of a World Market Christmas

Have I ever told you I worked for Cost Plus World Market when I was in college?  Oh yes.  I was very hip.  (said with no irony - - - really - - - okay, said with LOTS of irony)  LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that job (except for that one cranky lady who called me all kinds of naughty names because I asked for ID with her check and a manager's approval - oh yes, this was in the days before debit cards)! 

The bad thing about that job is I frequently spent a lot of my paycheck on adorable items in the store.  

 And now, this very Christmas, their stores are filled with so many delights!  I didn't think to take pictures while I was there (one more reason, Worker Bee, for me to get an iPhone 5) so all of these images are from their website.  (Trust me, it's even better in person!)

Alrightee then....let's start off with all the great stuff in their baking section...

I love these measuring cups and how they all store in the red box.  I would keep these out all year I think.
$12.99
 How can you not smile with these cute measuring spoons?  Ahhhhh.......sigh of cuteness.
$5.99
 And I don't need a cookie jar, but this one sure does tell me to fill it up!
$12.99
Now this bowl and it's red buddy (oh yes, they have them in red in the stores) will definitely be going in my shopping cart as soon as I can get there.  These are a good every day useful size AND they are plastic!  Really, the red is on the cutest, but you better not all go out and buy them up before I can!
$9.99
I don't think I'd be able to put Christmas treats in this tin and give it away.  I want to keep it for myself!  There's also a red one of this too.  
$4.99
 Could there be a trifecta of silicone spoons?  Well I sure did hit it here!  Can you imagine how blitheringly happy I would be cooking all day long with these cooking spoons?  (okay, blithering might be overstating it a bit - but Worker Bee - can you say stocking stuffer?)
$14.97 
How can I possibly choose between these two pastry carriers?  I think the French one might have a slight edge.
 
$24.99


And for wrapping all those delight?  Red polka dot parchment paper!  
$2.99
And peppermint striped sticks???
$3.99
And I adore these little spice containers (they also come with a red lid or a mint green lid).  What's not to love?  A chalkboard label and my favorite colors - I wish I could afford to get one of these for all my spices - but a couple of them might be perfect for my stocking - are you paying attention Worker Bee?)
$4.99

Now all that adorableness is not just in the baking section....their decor and entertaining sections are full of delights too!
I love these two snowmen, but I would use them in January when I decorate with snowy wintery items
$19.99
Hello, do you see the perfect colors on these bottle brush trees? 
$21.96
I think World Market's whole alpine line is just too cute.  You can see the matching apron down below... 
$24.99
I also think you could get blinded by all the gorgeous mercury glass!  This is my favorite piece, but there are tons of candle holders and vases too.   
$39.99
More of that cute alpine line.... 
From $9.99 to $19.99
Here's something else that will definitely be hopping home to Sweet Bee Cottage - these cute felt snowflake placemats - love the green!
$3.99
$3.99
Yes, I definitely have a thing for that alpine line.  Do you like it too?
$19.99

Rest assured, this was not a paid endorsement of World Market, but if they came-a-knocking I sure wouldn't turn them away!

Are you buzzing about any new holiday decor?
And thank you so much for hanging in with me as I post sporadically.  
Your visits mean so much to me!

  

17 comments:

  1. Boo hoo hoo -- World Market closed ALL of their Memphis area stores 2 years ago due to the economy I guess. I really miss it. Always such wonderful things at great prices -- especially at the holidays. How lucky you are to still have access!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have World Market near us and I haven't been there yet! You are definitely making me want to go....and also I've seen one or two bloggers show a french bottle drying rack that World Market has for a nice price. Can't wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have a World Market nearby...I will definitely look at the website. Cute stuff!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such Christmas pretties!! Thanks for sharing! Have a great week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love World Market!! I bet it was a fun place to work!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's probably a good thing we don't have this market here, I'd be seduced too!! And I do buy Christmas items early, they usually don't get restocked, I just don't put them out till after Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the info. I NEED some of those measuring spoons. Adorable! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love World Market..... such fun things.
    blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok this is just tooooo funny! I was AT World Market on Saturday (in Seattle) with a 10% off coupon no less!

    I bought that striped bowl (in green) and that cute dotted tin (two of them) and the stripy sticks too! I thought about getting one of those fabulous "cake carriers" but decided no... wish I would have seen that cute "cookie jar" and I also passed by the super cute spice container with the chalkboard "label" as well even though it came in a red, green or AQUA lid!! (See I can show restraint!) I would have snapped up those cute little measuring cups and spoons if I had seen them...

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I worked at WM, it would only be to support my habit. And I would so do if not 90 miles South

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish to live in USA to find all these interesting cheap things....xoxoxo, Flavia

    ReplyDelete
  12. As soon as I read your post I headed over to my store....I would have bought the measuring spoons and cups had they been plastic, the ceramic ones juts get broken in my kitchen.:) Lots and lots of fun Christmas, I did get a vintage red glittered Santa boot....but I refrained from buying anymore....it was hard! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love going to WM, it is dangerous for me to go in their doors...lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love me some world market. I got the candy striped sticks to make some treats.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never heard of that store ~ soooooo many cute things!!! I work at Michaels arts and crafts ~ and I normally give my paychecks right back to them!!! : ) Now, I've gotta go check out that website.
    Have a great thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh dear...I am smitten now as well! Those are just so stinkin cute! I have never shopped there but I am on my way to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.