Monday, November 5, 2012

More Kids' Tables from the Big County Fair

Can you believe it's November already?  It's been nearly a month since we went to the fair and I'm just now getting to posting about all the great kids' tables.

Of course, I have to start with Reader Bee.  She also went with the fair theme, "A Passport to Fun."  Clearly the girl needs a passport to the Caribbean!  I love her grass skirt and parrot centerpiece.  
 (you can click here to see how some of the grown ups interpreted this theme)
 For all of you with eagle eyes, my contribution to her cute table was the flatware.  (you can see it here on Baby Bee's table too)  She got third place! Can you see her cute menu?  
 Now for some other tables....

Don't you love the china for this setting?  
A Mardi Gras table...
 A patriotic dinner...
 A howlin' Italian dinner...
 Clearly a farm breakfast here - the boots are so cute for a centerpiece.
 Another exotic destination table setting (Reader Bee's is cuter in my opinion)...
 And here is the Best of Show - great inspiration for a Thanksgiving or autumnal table.  (Have I mentioned before how "autumnal" is one of my favorite words of all time?)  
 And besides Reader Bee and Baby Bee, this one is my favorite...
 Laura's Breakfast in the Big Woods!  I have loved Laura Ingalls Wilder since I was about 7 years old.  When we drove across the country, one of our destinations was Mansfield, Missouri where Laura wrote all the books.  We visited the museum and her home and I think it took several hundred miles before I wiped the grin off my face.   
 Isn't it adorable?
 And here is a wonderful Harry Potter inspired table.  I sure do have a thing for book characters, don't I? 

 And can you say 1970s?  I bet this young tablescaper raided Grandma's kitchen or hit the jackpot at a thrift store.
 More exotic travel (See?  Don't you agree that Reader Bee's is the best exotic destination table?)
 Oh now you have to see this one closer.....
 Can you see those adorable bluebirds on the plates?  Soooo sweet!
 And the last kids' table was a glamourous cowgirl party!  Or as this tablescaper called it - A Blingy Buckaroo Barbecue!


Well, thanks for coming along with me as we visited all the kid tables at the Big County Fair!
Isn't their creativity a joy to see?

And honestly, I am still working on my third blogthday giveaway!  Really!  No, my fingers are not crossed behind my back.  Seriously.  What?  You don't believe me?  Well, you'll just have to come back to check it out!  
(Ha!  Got you there, now didn't I?  Now you'll have to come back and drink lattes with me!)

4 comments:

  1. What great tables!! Such amazing ideas all coming together! Looks like this fair was a big hit!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet and creatives tables!! Thanks for sharing! Happy week to you! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reader Bee did a great job with her table.
    Loved seeing all the creativity!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the County Fair...I used to go every year when I was young!! The Mardi Gras table is so unique with the mask, and the Harry Potter table is delightful. My kids love Harry Potter, and have the whole book collection. I'm glad you had such a great time at the fair. There's nothing quite like it, is there?
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.