Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Miss Baby Bee's Latest Birthday Party Ideas

Well my little Miss Baby Bee is turning 12 this year. 

(Informal poll here:  Do you think I should quit calling an almost 12 year old Baby Bee?) 

Can you believe it?  When I first started blogging she just started third grade and now she's in sixth grade and almost in middle school.

Well, right after last year's Nancy Drew party, Baby Bee said she wanted to have a tea party.  Well, we have entered the Land of I Don't Know What I Want, so that idea died (although I did collect a few teacups for this party, but no worries, I'll use them for something else) and my girl is a beach girl which brings me to this year's theme. 
 (Weren't we supposed to be done with theme parties? And there I go again, rambling all over the place.)

We are having a Beachy Slumber Party!

Today I'm sharing the invitations with you because they are soooo fun!
Do you believe in serendipity?  (Is serendipity really something you can believe in?) As the whole Sweet Bee family drove to the big city to head to Michaels we came up with this theme and as we walked in to Michaels there were all kinds of beachy toys on display and there were the perfect beach balls with turquoise AND lime green!

Serendipity, right?

(Oh yes, I do believe Worker Bee might have sat in the car listening to some sports stuff.  Just keeping it real here.)

I wrote all the details on beach balls!
The girls will hopefully remember to bring them with them to the party for some backyard fun.
I included some salt water taffy with the beach ball. (and of course, I had to sample a few - got these at Target and they were pretty good)
I popped all of these in some lime green bags and made some fun little tags.
Aren't those adirondack chairs adorable?  
I'm thinking I'll have to come up with some sort of decoration for the party using those.

I'm looking forward to our simple (please let me keep it simple, I know how I am) birthday party!
I'll keep you posted on the details
and
if you have any ideas for a beachy birthday slumber party
I'd love to hear them!

Thanks for buzzing by!

8 comments:

  1. My friend decorated for a simply beach wedding. She used the fish netting and shells for table deco. Sand pails and shovels had salt water taffy in them. You could serve snacks from the pails, even cereal in the morning in pails would be cute.
    blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute- The beach balls were a great idea!
    Isn't 12 a joyful age?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, gosh, those are great party invitations! Your daughter is very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great party idea!!! I hope all the busy bees are doing great. Have a happy valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the party invitation! It will be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! Can't wait to see all the details.... cuz I'm a theme lover too :)

    ~Chris

    PS and coincidentally I'm eating some leftover salt water taffy from MY themed baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like so much fun!!! What a great idea!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.