Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Bridal Shower Table for the Big County Fair

I recently hosted a bridal shower at Sweet Bee Cottage and I'll share more about that soon, but in the mean time, I thought I would share what I did for the Big County Fair.

And efficient little bee that I am I decided to have a bridal shower theme for the table.  I used similar colors for the real shower and my friend, the future bride, will even be able to use a few items from the fair for her wedding!

I am in love these days with the color combination of navy and orange.  (But don't worry, I don't want to paint my little cottage these colors.  I sure do like to wear them though.)  And luckily, my friend's colors for her wedding are a bright navy and autumn flower colors - think orange, gold, amber, eggplant.

I knew I wanted a navy tablecloth, but not gingham or polka dots.  
I wanted something a bit more modern.  Luckily we have an awesome fabric store in the Big City called Home Fabrics.  They carry decorator fabrics for $8-12 a yard (on average). Of course, you have to keep checking in with them if you don't find what you want on your first trip.  I happened upon the perfect fabric on my second trip there!

I also scooped up all the spiced orange napkins I could find on clearance at Cost Plus World Market in the tri-county area. I think I ended up with about 48 napkins.

Once the fabric was found, I needed to work on the centerpiece.  
My friend is having a sort of woodsy/tree theme for her wedding.  Of course, I found the perfect cake stand at World Market (man I LOVE that store) and it wasn't too tall too. 
On top of the cake stand I decoupaged the bride and groom's initials with orange and blue scrapbook paper.  (Cracks me up that the combination could be KGB!  But, of course, we will go with B(groom) G (last name) K (bride).)  I also used some vintage jam/jelly glasses with some autumnal (favorite word) faux flowers for some more spots of color.  

For dishes I used some thrift store finds - Hedge Rose by Wedgwood.  Picked up about 7-8 of these for $1 each.  Love them and will definitely be working on adding to this collection.  

I used the silver plate flatware I picked up at our local consignment store a few years ago -it's Adam from the National Silver Company.  
The glassware is by TAG and is some my mom found for me about 3 years ago.

The MCB also had her hubby cut some tree limbs for me to make place cards to go with the woodsy/tree theme.  
And I can't forget this adorable digital paper pack I found on etsy.  
I used that for the background on several place cards, menus, and dish information.  

Next I'll have to show you some of the things from the REAL bridal shower I threw!

Now it is a competition so, of course, I want to do well.....
See that 2nd place?  
Not quite as exhilarating as the Best of Show I earned last year, but I still love it and am proud of it!  That's what counts, right?


 
P.S.  Yes, we went to the Big County Fair today!  I have lots more to show you including how Baby Bee and Reader Bee did in the Jr. Division with their place settings.

Joining the party at Between Naps on the Porch!

4 comments:

  1. All of the components of this table are super and not run-of-the-mill in any way. Of course, my nebbiness had me enlarging all of the pictures to get a closer look! I love navy...I should wear it instead of black but it's hard to find sometimes. Love the damask cloth paired with the orange napkins! You do really nice work and I'm glad you got an award!
    xoxo
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color choice. The table is adorable. Good job
    Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very chic color combination ~ love it! Congratulations on a job well done:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting the award! Love the color combination and how fun that you get to use it all for an actual shower. I look forward to seeing what Baby Bee did for her table!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.