Sunday, October 13, 2013

Baby Bee's Table Setting for the Big County Fair

Well Baby Bee is 12 years old now and is not always wanting to do things with her mom (or dad for that matter), but she sure has gotten into the table setting contest at the Big County Fair.  So glad we enjoy this together.

For the Junior Division, they only need one place setting, but they still have to design the menu, have linens, create a center piece, and coordinate dishes and flatware.

Baby Bee wanted to do an Easter table this year, especially after we found the fabric at Hobby Lobby.
I love the vibrant colors and the pattern.  Not your typical Easter colors, but I think it works fabulously!
She used a plate from my wedding a china and a depression glass plate.  The glass she found at World Market and the flatware was her great-grandma's (well they're mine now) and the napkin is from the set my mom sewed for my fair table last year!  Love when we can reuse things!   
One of the things she lost points on last year was her menu, so she made sure to follow the USDA food pyramid and include lots of fruits and veggies.  She picked out the background picture and the menu and the font.  She glued it to a foam core board.  After she glued it she felt it needed a little trim along the edge and I happened to have some ribbon that went perfectly with her table.  
Her center piece was Easter grass and some glittered eggs I already had.  Again, I love all the colors together.
And she earned 1st place this year!  So proud of her!  

I'll have more Jr. Division table settings soon, including my niece's, Reader Bee!


Joining the sharing
at
Between Naps on the Porch

10 comments:

  1. Congrats to Baby Bee.
    I can see why she won. It's all so pretty and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Baby Bee and you must be so happy I would be ...love dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tablesetting! I love the beautiful colors. Years ago there was a tablesetting contest for HS students. I remember winning a beautiful Fostoria bowl...You should look into that for Baby Bee! I can't remember anything about who sponsored it, but I think it was a national contest. :)
    Blessings,
    Ava

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely place setting I love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 1st Baby Bee-that's exciting! I love the colors and it's nice that you have something you both enjoy doing together:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to her it is so exciting to win!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to baby bee! I love the bright colors and modern vibe of her setting, and I love that shd was able to uss the vintage depression glass in such a vresh way. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baby Bee~your table setting is so cool! I love the way you used the Depression glass with the modern look of the setting. The apple does not fall far from the tree!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, congratulations. This is truly gorgeous. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that goes live Monday afternoon at 2:30 PT. www.astrollthrulife.net Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.