Sunday, November 28, 2010

It Snowed, It Snowed, It Snowed!

This was the happiest Thanksgiving ever for Baby Bee!

This past week we flew to Louisville, Kentucky to spend Thanksgiving with Worker Bee's family.  Family came from Minnesota and California (like us).  Every single grandchild was there and every son and wife. The adorable great-grandchildren were there too.  Worker Bee comes from a family of four boys and for all of us to get together makes for a large, loud, and wonderful group.

But, I must confess, this was not what made Baby Bee so gloriously happy.

Wanna' know what sent her over the moon?

*S*N*O*W*

Yes, it snows in California, but not in our part.  The last time any snow stuck was 2000?  
See?  I can't even remember the last time it snowed.

Now Baby Bee has been to the snow in the mountains near us but she has NEVER seen it snow.  Every winter we hope and pray for a bit of snow fall, but it hasn't happened yet.

Well, when we got to Grandma's house after enjoying our Thanksgiving feast, Worker Bee's brother texted us that is was snowing in Indiana and we should see what was going on in Louisville.....

Yep!  *S*N*O*W*


Do you see that look of pure joy on her face?  
She was on the phone calling my family back in California.  They put her on speaker phone so everyone could hear how happy she was.  I just wish I had a video camera (or thought to use my cellphone).
Isn't it beautiful?

When we woke up in the morning we found.....


Baby Bee has a snowball waiting for her in Grandma's freezer for the next time we visit.

We loved how we could see the bird tracks in the snow.  

Do you remember the first time you saw it snow?
Do you still get that same feeling of delight?

Thanks for coming by today.  

11 comments:

  1. Snow is magical! I remember the first time my girls saw it snow...they loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first snow of the season is always magical. I come from San Diego orginally and we always had the mountain snow but it wasn't until we moved to Minnesota in 1999 that our children got to see it snowing...they all love the snow. Me I like it until about December 26th, lol....still a southern CA girl at heart :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. What joy for her! It is a magical time of year isn't it? Glad you had a wonderful time with family. That's just how it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful snow! How happy! ;) Alyssa of Boston Bee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for your little girl! The first time you see snow fall is a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet that is; and how sweet she is. I get to see that look sometimes with my international students who have never seen snow before. I've been in the snow with 18 yr olds acting like little kids. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's magical, and I still feel that way at.......well never mind how old I am, but I still get that excited! I'm so glad Baby Bee got to experience it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember the first time my children saw snow. Because we live in Florida, we do not see snow. But on a trip one year, we were staying in NC for a few days. On the evening before we were to leave, it started to snow. My hubby got the children up out of bed and took them out on the porch. By the next morning we had 3 inches of beautiful white snow. So we stayed a few hours to let the children play in the snow. It was a fun filled morning which I think we won't soon forget.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful way to remember this Thanksgiving. I have grown up with snow my whole life but I still love it. Glad little bee and you had a great holiday.
    Hugs
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is magical!! So glad Baby Bee got to experience the snow! That's wonderful that you got to spend Thanksgiving with Worker Bee's family. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful sparkly snow! How wonderful for Baby Bee.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.