Saturday, November 13, 2010

Where Has the Week Gone?

Didn't I just gain an extra hour last weekend?  Why do I feel like I just can't catch up?  What does adult ADD feel like?  These are burning questions in my mind - especially this weekend.

I have had a four day weekend and my house is till a mess!  I have half my Thanksgiving decorations out looking pretty and the rest are sitting on bookshelves in the library.  I have Parent Teacher Conferences this next week and I still haven't finished my report cards.  Do I sound like I'm whining?  I suppose I kind of am.  Please forgive me - I'm not generally a whiner (I think - - - on second thought don't ask my husband).  

I've missed visiting with so many of you this week.  

But there have been some wonderful things this week.....

1.  I attended a wedding and I was the official photographer. 

      The whole truth?  My nieces came over for the morning on Thursday and we had an impromptu wedding out under our front arbor.  Cutter Bee was the preacher (who kept telling us how she didn't have time to do the ceremony again because she had to do it in English and Spanish - where did that come from?), Reader Bee was the lovely bride and my daughter, Baby Bee, was the leaf girl (no flowers but there were plenty of fall leaves to throw about).  We cranked open one of the front kitchen windows and played the wedding march and recessional umpteen times.  The girls had so much fun!  Then there was the backyard reception.  I had a bottle of sparkling apple cider and the girls celebrated the wedding out back. 
2.   I went to the oncologist again this week - my blood still looks 100% normal so in December I'll have a CT scan and one more follow-up visit before I guess I will be declared to not have ever had lymphoma.  Thank you God!

3.  I discovered the Pioneer Woman blog/website.  Where has she been all my life?  I've already made her banana bread, chicken cacciatore, and this YUMPTIOUS (yes, I made up that word and I probably better copyright that one - it sounds perfect - yummy and scrumptious)  tomato and blue cheese pasta!  That last one made my skirt fly up!  Did I take pictures of these efforts?  NO!
4.  Went to a local thrift store today and found some fabulous white dishes.  
Lovin' this Homer Laughlin "Best China."  I'm thinking it might be some restaurant ware.  I picked up 4 of these.
The other pattern was Wedgwood "Hedge Rose."  I was able to score 5 of these plates.  


5.  Baked the most delicious pumpkin muffins today.  I used Trader Joe's pumpkin bread mix and their pumpkin cream cheese spread.  Actually Baby Bee made the pumpkin batter.  I scooped a little in our prepared muffin tins, the Baby Bee put a teeny scoop of the pumpkin cream cheese in the middle and then I topped them with some more pumpkin batter.  Oh boy!  More YUMPTIOUS!  We even had some extra batter so we made a mini loaf and took it over to the neighbors.  


6.  Spent some time snuggling with my Baby Bee.  

So - I shouldn't beat myself up, right? 

(Best part?  Snuggling with Baby Bee!)

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to come by and see what the Sweet Bees are up to.  It's always such a delight to see you.  Do you get just plain ol' tickled when you see friends have been by to visit?  Well I sure do!
So nice to see you!

16 comments:

  1. Sweet Bee,
    What a beautiful and fun wedding ceremony! A treasured memory for the girls and for you.
    What a wonderful new word! Yumptious. That's a keeper. And the muffins - I could down a few right about now.
    Wonderful news from the oncologist. But I agree, snuggling with Baby Bee is best.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful week. Cute wedding (gotta love kids) and yipee great news from the Oncologist! I love snuggling with my little one's! Yummy pumpkin bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I lost the positive effects of the extra hour by adjusting my brain to the early darkness. :-)

    Glad to hear it's good news from the oncologist J -- keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad for your good report! The girls playing wedding are so sweet. I'm glad there are kids who still have great imaginations. Great score on the plates too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun, good news, and great looking muffins! That is a good week by anyone's standard. :)
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Bee~Sounds like you had a delightful but busy week! The wedding is such a great idea and what adorable pictures of the little bees.:o)
    I discovered PW about 18 months ago. I love her and her blog...check it everyday.
    So glad to hear your update from the doc. Just stopped and said a prayer of continued health and happiness for you.
    Hope this upcoming week is a great one for you.
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wedding! Looks like fun :) You should snuggle with Baby Bee ... nothing better.
    Great news from the doctor!!
    I love the PW ... her Apple Dumplings are wonderful! Your pumpkin muffins look delish!
    Have a good week.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the wedding pics~so adorable!
    And we love good ol' P-Dub around here, too. Her apple dumplings are pure evil deliciousness!! I love her pot roast, chicken spaghetti, Marlboro Man's fave sandwich, cinnamon toast...the list goes on and on. I think she loves butter as much as I do:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember finding PW for the first time last year! My life is sooo much better b/c of her :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been a very busy girl! The age old questions why aren't there more hours in a day....LOL.
    You spent your time in very best way with your baby bee...Your pumpkin muffins look so yummy!
    Wonderful news about your blood counts (thank God).
    Have a sweet day,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi to all the Bees,
    Sounds like you had a fun week. The wedding was such a cute idea and it looked real in the picture. Where did you get the wedding dress from?
    So glad all the medical issues are working out! Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's OK to whine every now and then...I've done my share lately:) Too much to do, too little time...nothing going exactly right and today I discovered I've lost my cell phone...bummer and one more thing to do on Monday to get a new one! The wedding looks like lots of fun. My nieces ADORE...I mean WORSHIP...Pioneer Woman. I follow her photography a lot too. She's definitely awesome...I think she is someone who can do it ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that was a fun and full week. you helped make memories.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! It's been many, many years since I played wedding. I love Pioneer Woman too. I wanted to try her green bean recipe for Thanksgiving. It sounds yummy. My daughter makes her mashed potatoes every year too. They're made in a crock pot. I even bought my daughter her cook book last year. It has lots of great recipes.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.