Didn't I just gain an extra hour last weekend? Why do I feel like I just can't catch up? What does adult ADD feel like? These are burning questions in my mind - especially this weekend.
I have had a four day weekend and my house is till a mess! I have half my Thanksgiving decorations out looking pretty and the rest are sitting on bookshelves in the library. I have Parent Teacher Conferences this next week and I still haven't finished my report cards. Do I sound like I'm whining? I suppose I kind of am. Please forgive me - I'm not generally a whiner (I think - - - on second thought don't ask my husband).
I've missed visiting with so many of you this week.
But there have been some wonderful things this week.....
1. I attended a wedding and I was the official photographer.
The whole truth? My nieces came over for the morning on Thursday and we had an impromptu wedding out under our front arbor. Cutter Bee was the preacher (who kept telling us how she didn't have time to do the ceremony again because she had to do it in English and Spanish - where did that come from?), Reader Bee was the lovely bride and my daughter, Baby Bee, was the leaf girl (no flowers but there were plenty of fall leaves to throw about). We cranked open one of the front kitchen windows and played the wedding march and recessional umpteen times. The girls had so much fun! Then there was the backyard reception. I had a bottle of sparkling apple cider and the girls celebrated the wedding out back.
2. I went to the oncologist again this week - my blood still looks 100% normal so in December I'll have a CT scan and one more follow-up visit before I guess I will be declared to not have ever had lymphoma. Thank you God!
3. I discovered the Pioneer Woman blog/website. Where has she been all my life? I've already made her banana bread, chicken cacciatore, and this YUMPTIOUS (yes, I made up that word and I probably better copyright that one - it sounds perfect - yummy and scrumptious) tomato and blue cheese pasta! That last one made my skirt fly up! Did I take pictures of these efforts? NO!
4. Went to a local thrift store today and found some fabulous white dishes.
Lovin' this Homer Laughlin "Best China." I'm thinking it might be some restaurant ware. I picked up 4 of these.
The other pattern was Wedgwood "Hedge Rose." I was able to score 5 of these plates.
5. Baked the most delicious pumpkin muffins today. I used Trader Joe's pumpkin bread mix and their pumpkin cream cheese spread. Actually Baby Bee made the pumpkin batter. I scooped a little in our prepared muffin tins, the Baby Bee put a teeny scoop of the pumpkin cream cheese in the middle and then I topped them with some more pumpkin batter. Oh boy! More YUMPTIOUS! We even had some extra batter so we made a mini loaf and took it over to the neighbors.
6. Spent some time snuggling with my Baby Bee.
So - I shouldn't beat myself up, right?
(Best part? Snuggling with Baby Bee!)
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to come by and see what the Sweet Bees are up to. It's always such a delight to see you. Do you get just plain ol' tickled when you see friends have been by to visit? Well I sure do!
So nice to see you!