Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Kitchen Swap Extravaganza

Cindy at Rick Rack and Gingham decided to put together the most fun swap - Kitchen Goodies.

She put it together as a kind of round robin, so the person I received goodies from received hers from someone else and then I sent mine to another person.

Well I got my lovely box from Denise over at Bloomin' at Beagle Run Cottage and it was filled with the most scrumptious goodies.  (Apparently scrumptious is my word of the day because I've used it in several comments I've left on others blogs today.)  

Well, see for yourself.......

rip - tear - rip
Ooooh!  How pretty is that!
Love that bowl - always need little bowls like that around.
Look at these cute tags!  Can you see the notecards too?  Perfect for thank you notes after a dinner party - which one day we will have again.
Cute cherry recipe cards!
Do you see the dishtowel?  So adorable for all the grillin' we'll be doing this summer.

And I have to admit - the plates are my very favorite.  I have looked at getting these exact plates MANY, MANY, MANY times and I just never have.  I adore them.  Thank you!

Now let's see how they look (or at least some of them) all settled in.
Oh lookie - there's the plates....
 How sweet is  that saucer with a little vintage creamer sitting on it.
Gratuitous plate closeup.
Won't you join me for lunch?
Had to show the blooms from my picket fence garden and my new cutting garden.
Grew those Cosmos and Cornflowers from seed!  Yes I did!
Heavenly smelling David Austin Rose.
And would you like some delicious baby squash for lunch?  Yep!  I grew those too in my new kitchen garden.  Love how I can just step out the kitchen door to check the progress and pick a fresh crop.  

Thank you so much for dropping in for a little visit.  Lunch will be served soon.  We're having roasted baby squash, Greek pasta salad, and grilled chicken.  I can offer you sparkling limeade or fresh brewed ginger peach iced tea.  

And thank you Denise and Cindy for such a fun swap!





Oh I hope you can stop by and enter my 4th of July giveaway.  Just leave a comment on that post and you'll be entered. 

19 comments:

  1. What a fun swap..my favorite kind. You received some beautiful things and your lunch sounds wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janelle..girl you made out like a bandit! lol that is a southern sayin!
    I do love those plates. I will be contacting Denise for the where did you find those at questions.

    Your flowers are just gorgeous. And the kitchen garden is coming along great.

    Come by and visit tomorrow ..there's a little news that will be happening on my street!!

    Hugs..it's 12:54 here..Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so gorgeous plates--they are simply delightful!! I had to laugh at your comment on my spindlecottage post about not having soup because it was too hot where you were. The day we had the soup it wa 98! It has been in the hight 90's all week. But it is strange because we still love soup any ole timie. When I visited Japan for a few months we drank hot tea all of the time---I guess it makes you sweat and then you feel cooler! ha! I had gotten the recipe from my son who lives in Seattle and it is still cool there right now.....or relatively so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying this again!!! I had a typo on my comment above. UGH
    I love the swap ...you have some cute things!!! Love those plates ..I just want to know where you can buy them? I NEED them!
    Your flowers are gorgeous. You have a green thumb growing them and the veggies. I will be over to eat with you at the adorable table!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is a great swap. You received so many lovely items. And have displayed them so nicely on your outdoor table. Gorgeous flower. And fresh squash -- sounds like summer to me! Best wishes for the rest of your week. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a haul!!! I love love love that red gingham plate. I haven't seen anything like those around here. You all must have such different stores, but this is Ohio and it takes a while for things toget here.
    Thanks for stopping by again. Now you see why I hope to win your giveaway..it'll help decorate my porch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous things! I adore the plates, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a fun swap! Thanks for sharing all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmm, dinner and tea sounds delicious. Love your baby squash :) The Old English Rose is gorgeous! Darling tablescape with your new gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun swap! All your items are so pretty! And I would love to be there enjoying this yummy lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great swap! I have those plates with the flags and they are so cute! You put together such a darling tablescape with them!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great swap ! I love the plates! Your table scape is beautiful !I will have some baby squash .;~)Lunch sounds delish !
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely colourful post.
    I love to mix and match with old and new dinner services.
    Is your 'oldie' a Rosenthal plate? I recognize the pattern.
    Have fun! And how wonderful you arrange these swaps.
    Have a nice day,
    Jacoba

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you stopped by! It's nice to finally meet somebody whose so close to home!!
    Your blog is quite lovely, too, and I'm your newest follower!
    I love your little cottage, and your garden is beautiful!
    What a fun idea...to do a little swap party. You got some wonderful goodies! You made a lovely table setting...really pretty!
    Have a good evening!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!! The stuff is great! I have those plates and looked at them for over a year too!! They are great. On my table now!
    Enjoy!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those flowers are gorgeous! What a yummy sounding meal :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.