Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like...Thanksgiving?


I know the stores just seem to skip right over Thanksgiving, but I refuse!  The Halloween decorations are piled high in the sunroom, patiently waiting to be packed away, but my "I can't wait to put the old away before getting out the next" condition returned with a vengeance.

So...



Above is the top of our piano.  It's an upright grand so it's huge!  Baby Bee just started lessons this year.  I've played since I was seven myself.  It has been so delightful to play duets together.  The look of pride and joy on her face just melts my heart.



That is a gourd I bought at our local fruit stand about 4 or 5 years ago.  You can still hear the seeds rattling around inside it.  I should go buy another one this season.  It seems to be a better lifetime investment than some others I have made.





Don't you just love the sign?  I found it on ebay. They even sent me a sweet little Thanksgiving ornament with my order.  I've had it for a couple years.  The glittered pumpkins were from Walmart last year I think.  I bought tons of them.





Can you see the beaded Indian corn in the little jar?  I just picked that up on clearance at Michael's.  All the other little goodies in this jar were also from Michael's.  I keep reading about Hobby Lobby and it sounds fantastic.  Do you hear that Hobby Lobby?  We need you here in Central California!





Aren't they sweet?  These were my mom's and she wanted to get rid of them.  I screamed,
"NO! DON'T THROW AWAY ANOTHER PRECIOUS CHILDHOOD MEMORY!"
Okay, I exaggerate - she asked me if I wanted them.  I don't even remember them from my childhood, but they were too cute to go to the thrift store.





Here's their dinner.......I'm not sure if he'll be able to make the shot with his little ceramic musket....

Well, thanks again for stopping by!

Come back tomorrow when the whole Sweet Bee Family gives a review of this recipe for roasted Brussels sprouts from one of my VERY FAVORITE blogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.