Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Visit to Holidays Past....

Okay, I admit, I can't stand seeing all these cheery Christmas pictures and not being able to participate too!

But, at the same time, I stand on principle to not decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't stand it anymore! So, I started digging through the old iPhoto library and found some pictures from a little between-the-holidays brunch I had for some of my teacher friends.


I hope you don't mind that these are from 2008.....


Now just close your eyes (oh wait, that won't work, you HAVE to look) and imagine the smell of Hashbrown Quiche baking in the oven, a fresh brewed pot of Gingerbread Coffee from Trader Joe's, savory sausage simmering on the stove (like the alliteration there?), and a warm fire in the woodstove.  Holiday tunes are softly playing....















My dishes are Memory Lane from Royal Ironstone.
I picked up mine on ebay and I believe they're from the mid-60's.

The placemats are from Walmart, the runner from Home Goods, and the napkins are from a local department store that went bankrupt this year.
(We miss you Gottschalks!)

The candleholder/centerpiece is from Southern Living at Home and the striped candles are from Walmart. (I've seen the same candles in the stores this year.)

The flatware was a set I picked up from HomeGoods and the glassware is Libbey, I think.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I'm afraid this is really putting me in the mood for Christmas.  Hurry up and get here Thanksgiving!
(Worker Bee is probably thinking, "Slow down, I don't want to have to get down the billions of Christmas crates from attic!")

Tomorrow I'll be having a very special guest blogger!

Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you can stay for some more of the yummy Gingerbread Coffee next time!


1 comment:

  1. I admire your principles! I've never decorated before Thanksgiving until this year. This blogworld is a good influence on me!
    You sure set a lovely table for your friends! Those dishes are gorgeous, and now if you'll excuse me, I have to go find some sausage, because you've made me very hungry!
    Happy Sunday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.