Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It's better than it looks!

In the spirit of trying to eat more seasonally, all of the Sweet Bees (Baby Bee demurred, but she's not in charge) decided to try Brussels sprouts in a way glowingly recommended by one of my all-time favorite blogs, Notes from a Cottage Industry. We (by we, I mean Worker Bee and Baby Bee) faced the dinner with Brussels sprouts with great trepidation.  Every time the upcoming meal was mentioned Worker Bee would get this grim, yet determined, look on his face.  Luckily the subtlety of that was lost on Baby Bee.



So I began the preparations....



First I sliced them in half....



Then I peeled off the tough outer leaves....




Next I tossed them with some good olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.....

Finally I roasted them at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes.



Dinner was served.....




Now for the reviews:

Baby Bee - "Why Mama these are just divine!"
Worker Bee - "Wow, these are actually really good. I like 'em."
Sweet Bee - "Umm... the ones that were really roasted were fabulous, but the underroasted ones were not that tasty."

So, Sweet Bee asks, "Is it a make again?"

Worker Bee and Baby Bee, "Yes!"

Sweet Bee recommends that you make sure they are really, really, really roasted if you want to avoid flashbacks of a rather unpleasant dinner from 1989 that also involved a burnt chicken.

Now, would you be brave enough to try this recipe?


Leave me a comment after you've tried it and let me know what you think.


To see where I got this recipe, you can visit this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.