Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The judges have spoken........


And I did not win a ribbon this year.  Shut out!  Well it sounds cliched, but the best part really is working with MCF, MCF's mom, and the Sewing Bee.  It's not all bad.  So my adorably cute Christmas table didn't thrill the judges, but our County Fair theme fair table did get first place in its category.  The Christmas table with the Noel dishes and wreath place cards earned Best of Show.  I'll also tell you about how our Christmas tree did in another post.




But today we do have something else to celebrate.  It's Worker Bee's birthday!  A little tough to have a big celebration on a school day with piano lessons and grade level meetings, but we gave it a good try.  Before my sweet Worker Bee got up and going I strung our Happy Birthday banner in the breakfast nook and put the special red plate at his place.  Didn't have time to make him breakfast, but the table looked festive.  After I got home I made his favorite casserole and we ate a relaxing dinner.  I bought some little slices of cheesecake (his favorite) at the grocery store so that was our special treat.  It was just a quiet birthday but it was with family.  Then back to homework and schoolwork.  It was a pleasant interlude.  Happy Birthday my wonderful Worker Bee!  I am proud to be your Sweet Bee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.