Monday, October 5, 2009

More from the More Creative Friend.....


Our County Fair theme this year was "How the West Was Fun."  So over coffee and sweets at Panera Bread, we came up with our interpretation of the theme.  We just were not into cowboys and western, so our thought - okay - more MCF's thought - was "While the men are away, the women will play."  A quilting bee seemed just the right idea!  Thanks to MCF's mom we had a lovely vintage quilt to use as our tablecloth.  I had some flow blue antique plates that seemed to have the right look and we used jelly jars for the glasses.  The Sewing Bee made the calico napkins and we had a jug with flowers for the centerpiece.




But the best part was the menu and theme boards.  My MCF embroidered the theme and menu on some muslin, put it in a hoop and made a stand for each of them.  You can see that here.....




She also made place cards the same way.  We also scattered vintage sewing supplies on the table.

Here are a few more pictures........










Well, the County Fair opens on Wednesday and we'll the see if others liked our table too.  I'll let you know how we did on Wednesday.  Tomorrow I'll show some of the other tables.  I'll also share our Christmas tree.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.