Saturday, October 10, 2009

The morning after.....

The carnival is over!  Yeah!  It's always fun, but it's a lot of work.  We have no idea how many people were there, but it was busy.  Our principal and program manager sold tickets and they were swamped.  We had three bounce houses and we sold a wristband for unlimited bounce house time.


Baby Bee spent the entire night bouncing, with the exception of one water break.  The girl LOVES to bounce.  Is there a career out there that involves bouncing?  (That's Baby Bee in the background with Baby Bee's BFF in the foreground.)

So what was our best idea yet? We had a kettle korn booth and a taco truck for food. No dirty crockpots of nacho cheese to have to clean last night (or in my case, the next morning).

Our hardest thing to manage is the Theme Basket Table.  I'd love to hear if anyone has any ideas on how to keep that organized.  We do a better job every year, but there are always problems when it comes time for people to claim and pay for their winnings.


So how will I spend my day today now that the County Fair set up is over and the Wilson Wildcat Roundup Carnival is over?  I'll be relaxing with a little bit of this.  An iced latte and pumpkin bread.

I make my lattes with 3 shots of espresso (my favorite is Java Estate from SLO Roasting) and a shot of simple syrup (mine is premade from Trader Joe's, but you can find a recipe here). Just fill the glass with ice, add the hot espresso and syrup, then top it with milk.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.