Monday, October 10, 2011

Even More Table Settings from the Big County Fair (2011)

Well, we learned the results for our table and Christmas tree from our Big County Fair!

We earned 1st place for our tree
and 2nd place for our table!

But do you want to see Best of Show?  
(Nope, it's not us this year, like it was last year.)
This yellow table earned Best of Show.
This table was set for a bridal shower 
 or was it a bridal luncheon?  I forget now.
But isn't it sweet?

**********
 This table was inspired by the Samantha doll from American Girl.  
Not only were the place settings for the guests...
but the dolls had their own tea setting too.
I just loved the vintage dishes, glassware, and flatware.

**********
Now this table gave me an idea for next year.  Bees, anyone???  Sweet Bees???
This sweet table was for a 10 year old girl's birthday party.
It had such a cute ladybug theme - from napkin rings to the centerpiece to the dishes. 
Can you imagine how fun it would be celebrate your 10th birthday at this table?
**********
Thanks for buzzing by tonight.  
And, of course, I have to share these table settings over at
Between Naps on the Porch!

Don't you wish they wouldn't limit it to just 10 tables?  I know I do.  We'll do two tables again next year!

Does your county fair have a Home Ec building?  Have you ever thought about entering your table settings?  It's a lot of fun!  

Have you ever entered anything in the fair?

I think next year I'm going to enter my new favorite croissant and chocolate bread pudding!
  
What would you enter?

16 comments:

  1. Love that bonnet on top of the Christmas tree. What an original idea! All of the table look lovely.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 1st & 2nd place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for the Xmas Tree and even for the second place!!! This should be a great Fair!!! Hugs, Flavia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the first place AND second place win! You had a lot of pretty competition so placing so high in both categories deserves some Kudos:>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you! I love table settings. I'm always saving pictures of ideas for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to taste your croissant and chocolate bread pudding. I would have to enter my mom's homemade enchiladas. There's nothing quite like them. Your new HEADER and side bar is fabulous!
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Years ago I wanted to enter the fair but never did. I am not a fan of crowds, so I don't go to the fair because it is SO crowded!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your win. I didn't even know County Fair has such a fun competition! I'm going to check out what my county has to offer. :) All these table settings are nice and special in their own way. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course I loved your tablescape with Samantha. I just bought my doll this past week..I've always wanted one. I am in the process of adding to my tablesettings for my dolls table. The silverware is on it's way..but tiny glasses..now where would I ever find that...
    Wonderful. Simply wonderful.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  10. You still real good girl. Congrats! There really are some cute table decor. Yes, bee's would be ever so sweet. Sweet as honey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing these lovely tables...my favorite is the lime/aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love yellow and love American Girl dolls. We have a trunk full of the stuff with all these girls in th house just waiting for my youngest to be old enough to play with. The detail on the second table is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful prizes... CONGRATS!
    How I wish I could join the fun.

    You rocks!

    Happy TS...
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  14. my word...those are beautiful tabletops! congrats on your win...and I do L O V E that ladybug table :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! It was fun to see the different tables...all very different with their own charm and beauty. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.