Sunday, October 16, 2011

And Now for Kids' Tablescapes from the Big County Fair

Reader Bee (my niece) is following in her auntie's footsteps!  She entered the Big County Fair this year too in the table setting category!  Her table was in the Junior Exhibits and these exhibitors only need one plate for their table settings.  I thought you might enjoy seeing some of my future competitors!  
Here is Reader Bee's!  She has a picnic theme!
(For you eagle-eyed readers, she is using my dishes, my glasses, and my flatware.)
She earned first place!  
I like that they don't compete against each other, they just earn first place if they meet certain criteria.
Now Baby Bee wants to enter the fair for table settings too.  
Valentine's Day!
 Christmas!
 A Chinese tea!
 Mary Engelbreit!  
And guess what?  I know this competitor!  She is a former student at my school!  And her mom loves Mary Engelbreit so I bet she borrowed these from her mom!  I was delighted to see her work!
 Love the pumpkin centerpiece here!
 Easter!
 Now this was a boy!  I love that!  You go Duck Hunter Boy!
 Best of Show!  This might be the fair theme which was "A Jungle of Fun."
 This one also earned Best of Show.  I think they might have been honoring 4H, but it could have been for St. Patrick's Day.  
 I think the plate and bowl were hand-painted.  I love the little napkin bundle.
 I have to say I really liked this one too (but not as much as Reader Bee's).  They made those cute little ants.
 Another jungle theme!
 Lord of the Rings!
And finally another summer picnic!

Wasn't that fun?  I just love the creativity these kids show.  
I have a few more pictures for another post on the Big County Fair.  
Hope you aren't tired of it yet!

Thanks for buzzing by!

And of course, I just have to link up to
at Between Naps on the Porch!

14 comments:

  1. Isn't this fun? I think they did a marvelous job ~ FUN, FUN, FUN ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE-LOVE-LOVE this! When we lived in MN, our 4-H kids competed in a catagory called Food Revue -- you planned and prepared a meal and it had to include a table setting. Oldest daughter pulled out grand champion at State fair one year. A lot of fun and she bought her *first* set of dishes for that setting -- I think she was 16 :)

    Enjoy ALL the settings :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great. How wonderful too see such wonderful young talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reader Bee's tablescape is a winner, hands down. She used my favorite patterned red/white tablecloth...that is #1 in my book! As an aside, all of the tables were beautiful in their own way.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed seeing all the table settings. What a wonderful way for the young ones to learn the proper way to set a table. Reeder Bee's setting was a real winner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the table settings "show" at your fair! I think I need to talk to someone at our local fair and get this going here too!

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are oh so cute! I love them all and how fun for the kids! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great to see this younger generation being so creative, and I bet one day soon they'll be blogging and linking up to the Tablescape parties too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun way for the kids to participate in the fair! Future tablescapers for the blogs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every single one was so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous settings! Love all of them. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The yellow and red table setting and the Valentine one are my favorites...so sweet.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is really great to see young people getting into it...especially the young man!!! I love it when men take an interest in the finer things in life! Every entry was uniquely great. What was the age limit for participation for the kids?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blue with white interior...would be so cute. You can paint over black paint, just prime it with a white primer first. You may need to put to coats,but so much easier than removing the black paint. Share your recipe for potato soup..on of our favs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.