Thursday, October 20, 2011

One Last Post from the Big County Fair

This is it, my last post from the Big County Fair for this year (oh yeah, I'll be back with more next year)!  There were just a few things that really impressed or inspired me!

I saw this in the Home Ec building and I just had to take a picture, thinking this might inspire some of you!
 I believe this was a dresser....
 and they cut the top off somehow and moved it to the bottom of the last drawer...
and made a back out of some kind of wood and created this awesome bench.  I haven't seen anything like it in blogland so I was very excited to share this with you!

This Trash to Treasure fashionable outfit was in the Jr. Building and was made by someone younger than 18.  I think it's so cute!!!  Of course Worker Bee loved it because he was a geography major in college.
And here is another one of the Christmas trees from the grown up Home Ec building.
Love the boots at the bottom!  This was such a cute tree but it didn't win any awards.  

And finally, one of my favorite things I saw at the fair...
 This fabulous Alice in Wonderland cow!
 She was painted by a local high school student.
I wanted to bring her home with me!

You know what I love about the fair?  So much local creativity on display!

Well.....after seeing all these delights.....
will you enter your county fair next time?
You should!  

Thank you so much for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. I did a few weeks ago. I won 2nd on my grape jelly and 3rd on my plum. 3rd on my magnetic board made out of 100 yr old recycled wood.And a 1 st for my grandma's vintage metal sewing bowl and lid.
    It was fun...and entering gets you free tickets to the fairgrounds.

    Love that bench..we have now made 4 things out of dressers ...we will have to had this to our list...lol


    Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

    That cow needs to be in your garden...or mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that chair but wonder how comfortable.
    great cow.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful creativity, especially the bench created from the bureau, and the cute Christmas tree and pretty cow. Well, you see I liked everything you showed here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven;t been to a county fair in years.....perhaps this year with my grandson.

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never entered anything in a fair, but I do enjoy looking at every exhibit. That cow is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love going to the Fair and seeing what people dream up and create! Thanks for sharing these fun projects...the cow is unique~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the creativity and also love seeing the chickens & bunnies when we go to our fair. Have enjoyed your posts, loved your tree & table designs! This painted cow is something special, and I think the Christmas tree with boots on is as cute as can be!
    Jane-Jacksonville

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the creativity and also love seeing the chickens & bunnies when we go to our fair. Have enjoyed your posts, loved your tree & table designs! This painted cow is something special, and I think the Christmas tree with boots on is as cute as can be!
    Jane-Jacksonville

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a unique furnture piece! I am just catching up on all your posts ... I have been sick :(
    Loved all the posts about the fair with the tables! So creative!
    Thanks for sharing with us!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that bench is really cool! So fun to find such creativity, right?!

    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. what fun things...gotta love a county fair!!!! LOVE that bench!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing to see how creative people are and of course you are one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dresser is so amazing! What a wonderful idea. Looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE that chair!! I have never seen anything like it either!!
    Love the color of it too!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I'd have to say my favorite shot was the Christmas tree :) but the cow comes in a close second. I'm not sure where our country fair happens. but I'd go if I knew.

    Thanks for sharing yours!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,
    I'm your newest follower. I love the county fairs, I look forward to ours all year! I didn't know they ran this late in the season! What fun they are, I wish we had a summer and an autumn fair. Thanks for sharing! Please come visit me at my blog, Ric Rac and Polka Dots. I'm pretty new, but have lots of fun things planned to share with everyone! So nice to meet you!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the photos, but the cow is my favorite. They do dozens of them over in Vermont (a couple hours away from us) each Fall and auction them off for a different charity each year in Oct.

    I've always wanted to bid on one, but I have no idea where I'd put it!

    Have a great weekend!
    XOXO,
    ~Mrs B

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun! I hate to admit it. I haven't been to our county fair in years. Think I'd better put that on my list for next year. Your gsreat pictures have reminded me of how fun the fair is. Love the cow! That is one talented h.s. student.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.