Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Next Dream Project

I am a bee who likes to dream.  I like to dream up projects and I like to find inspiration from blogs and Pinterest.

Here's my latest buzz......

We have a playhouse in our backyard.   
Baby Bee did not go in the playhouse at all this summer.  
It's been sadly neglected.  

So, Baby Bee and I have been talking and she doesn't really want to use it as a playhouse anymore.  So we talked about making it a Girls' Clubhouse.  

I was lucky enough to grab a couple of wicker chairs and a wicker table from the Sewing Bee's Great Downsizing and that was the start of my inspiration.

I went out and took some pictures so you could see the sorry state it is in.
 (dead plant, entrance blocked by vintage bicycle)
(sad little window box and lots of cobwebs) 
(dust and dirt) 
(furniture piled in there willy nilly) 
(sweet little touches already there) 
 (never could find a spot for this cute rolling pin in the house)
(cute new table hiding under the sad little wicker cushions) 
 (forgot this cute little basket of faux flowers was out there)

Do you see the it???
The potential that is???

But this is what it has the potential to be......

1.  The floor - I really have a thing for checkerboard floors so I can see painting something like this on the wood floor - the green and white is perfect!
2.  We'll need seating - or - dreaming spots...
 These were made from crib mattresses.  Baby Bee's crib is in the garage and it's white beadboard.....it might be charming in our clubhouse.
And the Sewing Bee gave us two wicker chairs.
 They will need to be painted....yellow? turquoise? or green?
 Oh and there was a little wicker table....
 Turquoise with faded florals would be perfect!
And there will definitely be bunting out of vintage hankies......
 or floral fabrics!
Ahhhh......so many dreams.  Will the weather hold and I can get some of these projects done???

Only time will tell, 
but in the mean time.....a bee can dream, right?

What are some of your dream projects?  
I'd love to know!

Thanks so much for buzzing by for a visit!
Such a treat to see you.

12 comments:

  1. Now that's an exciting project! I can only imagine how sweet this playhouse will be. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many charming ideas to work with. My head would be swimming about right now, if it were my project. I get overwhelmed! ;)
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Have a fabulous week!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how i would have loved a clubhouse like the one you're dreaming up! I have a few finishing projects in the living room. I'm a list maker, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable project it will be! I can't wait to see what you do with ... love the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great idea for an outgrown playhouse. Love the colors you are thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O yes, I see the vision!!! So adorable. Sounds like a place where a young girl can dream big dreams and plans for her future. I love the colors you are dreaming of. Please post photos of the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a fun project! Thanks for visiting my blog.
    XO~Hope

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is going to be so much fun! By the way, is that a giant bee on the roof???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun! How about a floral AND hanky bunting in there! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your ideas! It would be such a cute little getaway spot.... And my dreams/projects? Well the list is endless, of course :)

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a marvelous project you're dreaming up! I think turquoise and aqua would be so charming. How wonderful that Baby Bee will have a place to entertain her friends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see this clubhouse when it's finished. You have so many neat ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.