Thursday, April 26, 2012

Garden Blues

Oh, I've got the gardenin' blues!

Had to share a few blue pretties from my Picket Fence Cottage Garden and my Kitchen Garden!

We have a volunteer cornflower in the Kitchen Garden!  


It started growing in February.  I told Worker Bee I think that's a weed, but he suggested giving it a chance and I'm glad we did!  

Isn't it a beautiful blue?  Just one bloom so far, but there will be more to follow.

And off in the Picket Fence Cottage Garden (yes, I name my gardens) I've got one of my favorites - pincushion flower or scabiosa.  (Love when I can remember the botanical name of plants - doesn't happen very often.)  

I've had a bee in my bonnet lately to take small plates I pick up at thrift stores or estate sales and use them in my garden.  

Here's my first one - a sweet little blue and white plate I put in a pot of boxwood by the front door.

I tend to get bees in my bonnet a lot!  I painted many of my terra cotta pots with chalkboard paint a few summers ago and so I wrote a little note to you.  

(Yes, I agree - perhaps chalkboard art is not my greatest talent.)

Thanks for buzzing by!
   
Linking up to My Romantic Home
for
Show and Tell Friday!

And I'm linking to a party that's new to me but I love the concept....
Simple & Sweet Fridays
over at
Rooted in Thyme

13 comments:

  1. Your garden is gorgeous with all the blooms. Also love the plate in the pot ... so whimsical and welcoming at the front door!
    You are a lucky girl with your finds and win in the earlier post.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely garden you have!! And how fun to name your gardens!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cornflower. You have such a pretty garden.
    I am outside whenever I can ignore the chores inside. Love gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so beautiful!!! Love how you put the pretty plate with the boxwood!! Your roses are so gorgeous!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! I have never seen a blue cornflower.. lucky you to have it visit! I love the chalk pot. Have a great Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming over from My Romantic Home to say hello and see your darling gardens....I host a garden party that starts up again next Thursday (May 3rd) would love to see you link up sometime! xoox tracie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your beautful weed. I have pincushion flowers in my front and back yard. My second season and they have doubled in size. They make such cute little flower bouquets in tiny vases. The cute plates in the garden, darling. Enjoy your outdoors.
    blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful garden! Love the dish idea. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of a corn flower? But that looks just like what I call a Bachelor's Button! So pretty, I get excited over blue flowers. And I really like the plate and chalk pot idea, very fun!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing is prettier than those rare blue flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just saw your post and it is so beautiful. The Bachelor's Button is so blue.
    Your photos are amazing. Would love for you to share on Simple & Sweet Fridays. I'm a New Follower.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the blue flowers and think your chalkboard pots are really cute!

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this post on Simple & Sweet Fridays. Love it!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.