Monday, April 30, 2012

A Garden Tour Part 2

Now for the continuing saga of a Sweet Bee and her Worker Bee as they tour gardens around the county....

Today's episode:

Where Two Gardens Digress Dramatically!

Garden #2

 This garden is on what once a peach orchard.   The Victorian style home and gardens were started in 1980.
It's on 6 acres and HUGE!  I'm pretty sure they have some help, don't you?
Can you see the cute little teapot? 
I thought the little note was so charming.  Click on it to read about their beloved willow tree.

Now can't you just see Baby Bee delivering a sparkling lemonade out to me on that porch?
And foxgloves!
And foxglove overload!

And delphinium overload too!
 What is it about tall gangly flowers that appeal so much to me?  Delphiniums, foxgloves, hollyhocks.....maybe because they remind me of that tall gangly fellow I married 22 years ago.....(yeah, I'm stretching it a bit, but just go with it people, okay?)
Each of the stops on the garden tour had a water jug cozy!  Isn't that a cute idea?  They seemed to match the decor and style of each home and garden.
And this is their kitchen/herb garden.  One of the sons owns the most charming tea shop in Old Town Clovis and this is where he grows much of his herbs and veggies.

Garden #3

And now for something completely different!

 This garden is a huge deep pit!  Can you believe it?

The homeowners wanted to create a noise barrier for the traffic sounds
and apparently the guy working the excavator didn't get the memo that he was supposed to build rolling hills and instead just kept digging down and down and down........

This picture gives you a better idea of how steep the drop is. 
And looking back, it really has the look of our local mountains.
All this in the middle of the city!!! (a city of 500,000 mind you) 
I just couldn't resist a picture of these great chairs. (No, I didn't sit on them, but I was tempted!)  They were painted to match the deck that overlooks the pit.  

If you want to see Part 1 of our garden tour, please click here.

Come back soon if you want to see more of our tour (and I'll share my favorite garden then - I know, I know - I'm SUCH a tease)!

Thanks for buzzing by!

14 comments:

  1. It is just so beautiful there!! Wish I lived closer to go!! The yellow house is so pretty, too!! Thanks for sharing such prettiness and beauty!! Have a great night! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must go to this garden... Old Town Clovis. It will definately be on my agenda for summer. The gardens are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a labyrinth in the first garden you show? It is very pretty, and the teddy bear picnic and I like hollyhocks and delphiniums too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second tour is just as lovely as the first!! I think there is a teddy bear picnic going on there as well!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will let you know when I come. Would be so fun to meet up and you can show me your cute town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so small town gorgeous! I could live there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what cozyness - love that Victorian! What a fun visit - even if it was electronic for me:)

    Can't wait to see what else you have in store!

    Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the tall flowers, too! And my husband is still tall and thin! Hmmm.. Anyways, I love the idea of covering the water jug! I am stealing that idea for sure! I also loved the picnic and furniture and toys out on the blanket!
    The pit garden is a very rustic and calming garden for sure! Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cutie, I will be back to read this entire post. Just wanted to let you know that I am featuring your Rose Chintz dishes on my blog today.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I wonder if that deep garden floods when it rains??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, such beautiful gardens!
    I'm happy to be a new follower, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey its really so beautiful gardens i am so inspired here could you more share here i will be back to you as soon as possible.
    Thanks for sharing....



    Garden centre Dyfed

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved both posts. All three of those, Foxgloves, Delphiniums, and Hollyhocks are among my favorites. They are just so stately in the garden. Mine will be blooming soon. Not nearly as many as them, but still they bring me such delight.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Bee,
    Love the pics of the Garden Tour. I wish our flowers were blooming that much!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.