Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Pinterest Dinner

I love to try new recipes!

So, I went over to my Yumptious board on Pinterest and found a couple of interesting recipes to try.

The weather has finally cleared up and the sun shined most of the day today.  
It feels like spring again. 
Yeah!  
So we needed something inspired by spring.

I always like to have a nice dinner when Sewing Bee comes over on Sunday nights.  But I wanted something easy too.

Voila!

Baby Bee and I made Spinach, Asparagus, and Feta Quiche!

Here's how ours looked.....
You can see the original recipe here.  It was soooo good. 
We also had sliced strawberries with sugar and balsamic vinegar!  Yummmy!

We don't usually do much for dessert but I had some marscapone cheese I needed to use before it went bad and I remember seeing a recipe for a tiramasu bundt cake over on my - yep, you guessed it - Yumptious board.

I have to confess, baking cakes from scratch has never been my forte, but I gave it a shot and.......

this is how mine turned out.  (I think my oven is hotter than it says!  I need to get an oven thermometer and check it out.)

Tasted delicious (if slightly overdone) but not nearly as pretty as the original one here.
But if I was a betting bee, I bet you'd still like to try mine even if it didn't turn out as lovely as its inspiration.  
Am I right????  

What have you made from Pinterest?  
Wanna' just come over here for dinner and I'll cook YOU something from Pinterest instead?

Thanks for buzzing by!
P.S.  And later this week we're trying this pin and this pin.  I wasn't kidding about LOVING to try
new recipes. 

9 comments:

  1. Isn't the nicer weather great? Looks like a fun dinner for Sewing Bee!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh doesn't this look tasty! Love to try it out but since my husband doesn't eat quiche, spinach or feta it would just be scramble eggs! Can't wait to see the next tryouts!

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I have been trying new recipes too lately. The cake looks so delicious! I am going over to check out the recipe.
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made some pesto pasta from pinterest and it was great! That cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these look yummy. I will be saving these.

    You always make food look so pretty.

    Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, you're right. The tiramisu cake has me intrigued.I love to try new recipes, and luckily, no one seems to mind. Our friends already know they are going to be the guinea pigs!
    Have a good week!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a yummy post!! It all looks great!! I have never tried Pinterest for recipes!! Thanks!! Hope you week is going great!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's see, cooking wise I made a kickin good roast I loved and crock pot pork chops that weren't that great. Yesterday I "pinned" a picture I took and linked it back to my blog. I came home from work today and holy moly...over 174 re-pins!!! Your cake looks so good it is about to make me head into the kitchen and bake something fattening.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.