Sunday, January 17, 2010

We Have a Winner.....and Boeuf Bourguignon

It smells just divine in my kitchen right now.  Do you want to know why?  Well you know I'm going to tell you anyway.


Did you see the movie Julie and Julia?  Worker Bee and I saw it this summer and I've been slightly obsessed with Julia Child ever since.  I never watched her shows but now if I see something about Julia I must check it out.  So for Christmas I asked for Julia Child's Mastering the Fine Art of French Cooking -and- I got it.


Then I got scared.  I thought, I can't possibly cook anything in this cookbook.  I mean, I'm a pretty good cook, but I haven't attempted very many complicated recipes.  So I didn't even crack the book open.  It just sat there looking reproachfully at me.  I could hear it saying, "You wanted me.  You asked for me.  Why won't you pay any attention to me now?"  I ignored it.

Then, the weatherman predicted stormy weather for the next week.  (Which to us in California is like getting a blizzard in Nebraska - we hunker down.)  I got to thinking - what would be super delicious on a day like today?  Why Julia's Boeuf Bourguignon!  It's a three day weekend after all and you can get your grading done on Monday.


So, it's in the oven right now, simmering away.  It smells so absolutely delicious and perfect for a day like today.   I'll let you know if it tastes as delicious as it smells right now!

*********************

And now I get to announce the winner of my little spa-like giveaway ............(drum roll please)........








The charming book Chin Deep in Bubbles, a pair of spa socks, and a bath fizzy is going to......








- from Sugar, Spice & Southern Life!
I know she can use it with the upcoming wedding preparations for her daughter.

Thanks again for stopping by for a visit.


1 comment:

  1. I won something!? I can't believe it! Baby Bee did very well. I think that is the cutest book. I so need this after today. We went to a bridal show today and my feet ache! It was fun though :)
    Your recipe looks delish! I wish I had a bite right now.
    Blessings & Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.