Sunday, December 6, 2009

There's Been Some Crafty Buzzin' Goin' on at the Cottage

We've been buzzy and busy working in the craft studio.

It all started on Saturday morning when the Advent Angel left Baby Bee with an unfinished frame for us to craft together.



Which led to this...



And since we had the paints out...



We started this project...



And they turned out like this...



The frame turned out like this...



And I ended up creating this little pretty...









I took a glass ornament I picked up at Dollar Tree and then painted a papier maché box with some craft paint.  I cut out the shapes and letters from scrapbook paper with my cricut.  Then I used some mod podge and some glitter to put it all together.  I used hot glue to stick the ornament on top of the box and I had a little tinsel I wrapped around the bottom of the base to hide the hot glue.

Well?  What do you think?
I've been so inspired by what I've seen out in blogland I had to give it a try.

I have a few other projects I'll share, but the light is fading and they're not quite ready for pictures.

Thank you for stopping by!
I'd love to hear what you think.



3 comments:

  1. Oh what fun crafts and time well spent together!

    Love it!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are so creative! All of your projects look great. Love them all. Thanks for stopping by and yes, GW stands for Goodwill! I have to be in the mood to go but I love being on a treasure hunt in that place. I can walk down the aisle 3 times before I see something and then other times I spot something right off.
    I see you're a teacher too. Now I know why you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute! Looks like you were having some fun. I really like the frame, but all of them are adorable. Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.