Monday, December 7, 2009

You Can't Catch Me - I've Got the Gingerbread Man!

Didn't you always want to be the one who caught the gingerbread man?  I never could understand when I was a child how a glorified cookie could outsmart all those people.  I always thought that must not be a very bright town.

Well, now I've caught a lot of gingerbread men...

I must be pretty smart!











(I just received this platter today via ebay.)

















This sweet little gingerbread house was a gift from a friend of mine that teaches second grade at our school.  Every year she has her students make these gingerbread houses.  I don't know how she does it.  They always look so great and they are such a treasure for the families in her class.  I kept begging for one and she and her daughter decorated this one for me when Baby Bee was born.



And this is one of the projects I worked on this weekend.  It's a blank sign from Dollar Tree that I painted red and then I mod podged some MS scrapbook paper to.  Then I cut out the cricut letters and glittered them.  I actually used that new MS tinsel glitter for this.  It was a little different to work with, but since I don't really know what I'm doing, it turned out good enough!

What are some special things you collect for the holidays?  I'd love to know.  I hope you can share.

Thanks for stopping by!  Next time we can have a warm spicy gingerbread latte!

3 comments:

  1. Your pretties are just too cute! I love gingerbread men or women. I have a whimsical tree in my dining room with cooking and gingerbread items all over it! I will post if for you soon. Love your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute gingerbread men and houses. I made one once. Too much work for me. Ha. Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love gingerbread men and women!! I've seen a whole kitchen decorated in them before at Christmas time. Thanks for sharing yours. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.