Friday, December 11, 2009

Planning Time

It's time to start planning Baby Bee's 9th Birthday Bash!



Baby Bee doesn't actually turn 9 until the end of February, but I have to start planning now so I can take advantage of after Christmas sales and bring in the Fabulous Phyllis if sewing is needed.

Do you see those aprons?  The Fabulous Phyllis made those for Baby Bee's last birthday party.  Aren't they adorable?  I found the fabric and she sewed them and Mr. Fabulous Phyllis embroidered all the girls' names on them.  Not only did the Fabulous Phyllis make these aprons, she also made chef hats for all the girls.  Aren't they adorable too?  She is quite the creative one now isn't she!
You can read more about the Fabulous Phyllis HERE.



Baby Bee wants to be a chef when she grows up so that's where our theme came from.  It was so much fun to plan and to celebrate.  We played hot potato and a chef bingo game I made from images on the internet, decorated placemats, painted little signs that said _____'s Kitchen, had a cookie baking contest, danced the freeze dance, and made individual pizzas.



So here's my current dilemma - - - - - - - where do I go from here?

We are thinking of a couple of themes - a fancy tea party or a craftapalooza....

Do you have any ideas?
How do you celebrate birthdays?
Any ideas you would love to share?
I'm all ears!

 

I hope to see the grin you see in that picture for the next party!

And yes, she probably is a little spoiled, but what can you do when you only have one and all this creative energy?  I just can't help it!

I also blurred the faces of the girls for the sake of their privacy.

4 comments:

  1. How darling! Spoil away...she'll be little for only a few more minutes!
    Does she like to garden? You could have a garden/tea party...the girls could paint clay pots and plant a flower or bulb in them.
    Can't wait to see what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the aprons and hats! So adorable! It'll be hard to top that. I gave my daughter a Cinderella party once and set up separate stations for making tiaras, wands, tea sandwiches, etc. I had friends helping me with each station so it kept things moving. We ended it with a princess tea and all the girls wore their creations and ate their goodies. One of the most memorable parties we had! Good luck with whatever you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice post! I love the polka-dot theme.

    My children are all grown up now - but your post brought back sweet memories.

    Thanks for stopping by to say hi - I so love it when people visit.

    Cheers,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...that is a tough one to follow up on! I love your last year's theme and I bet all of the girls were thrilled with those aprons! I'm not too good with themes for girls parties...I have one son so his birthday parties were usually outdoor events. Whatever you chose to do I'm sure it will be a huge success and you'll see that gorgeous grin again!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.