Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy Glorious New Year!


Our celebration will be quiet this year.  It usually is.  We are having the Sewing Bee over and we'll watch movies and have - my favorite thing about New Year's from my childhood - appetizers for dinner.

As I tell my students at the end of the day, especially if they've had a bad one, "Tomorrow's another day. We'll start all over then."  Every day is a new chance, a new opportunity and the same goes for a brand new year.  Do I make crazy resolutions?  Sometimes, but what I like is the chance to dream and hope and plan for the new year as I reflect on the old.  Will I be able to accomplish everything I dream of?  Probably not, but it's the potential that keeps me going.

So what do I have up my sleeve for the new year????  Well, I'm just going to have to be coy and say you'll see, you'll see, but I can say I'm pretty sure it's sayonara to the cherry wallpaper in the kitchen.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll come by to visit often in the New Year!



Thank you Graphics Fairy for the lovely picture!

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Janelle! Out with the old (wallpaper) and in with the new (?paint?wallpaper?). :-) -amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and yours!
    I have those sorta plans for my kitchen as well....goodbye to 80's wheat and duck wallpaper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the big changes in store for Sweet Bee Cottage!
    My favorite way to celebrate New Years Eve is to just eat lots of appetizers too! Unfortunately we're going out this year :-(
    Happy New Year!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I shall come often to visit in the coming year! Off with the wallpaper, huh? It shall be interesting to see everyones projects over the coming months. It seems that the new year gets everyone buzzing. Happy New Year! (Mine is always quiet.)
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for these inspirational words...adore your blog....come visit....Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year!
    Would love the see some before and after pictures of your kitchen makeover.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.